- Wash asparagus and trim away the woody ends. Cut each spear into pieces of 4cm length. Also, wash and shred the leek.
- Pour the stock and wine into a large saucepan and bring to boil.
- Tie the herbs with clean string. Add whole garlic clove along with herbs, to the saucepan together with asparagus and noodles. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and plenty of seasoning. Simmer gently for another 3-4 minutes until heated through.
- Remove the herbs and garlic from pan. Ladle the soup into warm bowls, sprinkle with shredded leek and serve at once.