- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and butter and cook the chopped bacon and white onion for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the chicken livers and white wine; cook 12-15 minutes, until the livers are firm. Deglaze the pan with the red wine vinegar.
- Remove and puree the mixture in a food processor.
- Add the thyme and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Just before serving, spread chicken liver mixture on the toasted bread.
- Slice the apple into thin slices and place one leaf of parsley and one slice of apple on each toast.