- Place water, chicken, onion, parsley, rosemary and pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to boil then let simmer covered for an hour or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken, allow to cool, discard bones and chop the meat finely.
- Add tortellini and chopped chicken into the stock. Bring the stock to boiling point, stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until tortellini are done (if using frozen tortellini, simmer for about 30 minutes.)
- Serve hot with crispy bread sticks if desired.