- Peel the carrots, grate them coarsely and set them aside.Peel and roughly chop the garlic.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and put them into a food processor with the garlic, ground spices, salt and pepper. Slightly process to obtain a rough paste then add the carrot, egg, and flour and process briefly until evenly mixed but slightly rugged.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and divide the mixture into 8. Fry in batches for 2–3 minutes on each side, until golden, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Keep opened chickpea can to cut round shapes in bread slices. Toast each slice in toaster or in frying pan.
- Serve with slices of tomato and onions and mayonnaise.