- Heat butter in a large skillet.
- Add ground beef and cook over medium heat until browned, breaking into small pieces with a fork or spoon.
- Meanwhile, heat kidney beans, condensed tomato soup and hot water in a saucepan, over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Blend in a mixture of chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir onion and green pepper into sauce.
- Continue cooking sauce over medium heat while meat browns . Combine sauce with meat in skillet.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10 min , stirring frequently.
- Serve hot.