- Separate 1 ¼ cup sugar for icing, chop dark chocolate coarsely, and crush Brazil nuts. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 130*C. Lightly grease and line baking trays with baking paper.
- Use electric mixer to beat egg whites in a bowl until they form soft peaks. Add ¼ cup of sugar, beat to dissolve. Shift the mixture to a large bowl. Add remaining sugar for icing, ground almonds and cocoa powder, fold in two batches.
- Fill up a piping bag fitted with plain tube with this mixture. Make 4 cm rounds onto baking trays almost 2.5 cm apart from each other. Tap trays gently on the side of bench so that macaroons spread slightly. Leave to stand for half an hour. Place in oven and bake macaroons for 20 minutes. Leave to cool on trays.
- Prepare dark chocolate sauce by adding cream in a saucepan, let boil. Switch off the heat and spread over chopped chocolate in a small bowl, stir until smooth. Add Brazil nuts and stir well.
- Let set at room temperature until spreadable. Sandwich macaroons with dark chocolate sauce and serve to all kids and adults present at your home.