- Preheat the oven to 350*degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips, stirring frequently until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the orange zest.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour. Roll the dough and cut cookies in to 1" diameter.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until center is set. Cool on wire racks.
- When cool, dip one half of each cookie into melted chocolate.
- Again place them on wire racks to set the chocolate.