- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook 2.5 cups of milk with chocolate, stir constantly until chocolate melts and milk begins to bubble around the sides.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, sugar and salt. Stir the remaining milk into sugar mixture.
- Add the sugar mixture to hot milk and chocolate mixture then place over low heat. Cook while stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, stir constantly. Cool slightly, stir in vanilla and pour into serving dishes.
- Chill until its time to serve