- Combine sugar, corn syrup, cocoa, half-and-half cream and 2 tablespoon butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves, continue cooking over medium heat to let it reach the hard ball stage (255 F).
- Stir only when necessary to prevent candy from boiling over.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and remaining butter. Pour onto lightly buttered cookie sheet. Cool and cut into small squares.
- Wrap individually in wax paper or transparent plastic toffee wrapping sheet.
- Serve in a platter or any decorative dish such as a crystal glass or bowl.