- Preheat oven to a temperature of 325°F. Melt semi-sweet chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Soften the cream cheese and crush cookies into crumbs.
- Mix cookie crumbs, ¼ cup of sugar and melted butter in a small bowl. Spread the mixture onto bottom of an un-greased 9-inch spring-form pan and bake for 4 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/4 cup of sugar until smooth. Add melted chocolate, eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Stir in M&M's then spread cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes more or until center is set. Cool for an hour in the pan then remove from pan and place on a serving platter.
- By the time, place whipping cream in small saucepan and cook over moderate heat for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is about to boil. Put chocolate chips in a bowl and pour whipping cream over them. Leave to stand for 5 minutes then stir until smooth.
- Cool for an hour or until mixture falls in ribbons off the spoon smoothly. Spread it over the top of cheesecake, sprinkle 1/4 cup of M&M's around edges of cheesecake.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve chilled!!