- Preheat oven to 300 F or 150 C. Grease and line with parchment paper, a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add beaten eggs and orange juice then mix well.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Reserve 1/3 cup of flour mixture and toss it with raisins and cherries to keep them from sinking to the bottom of cake.
- Add remaining flour mixture into batter and blend. Add floured raisins and cherries to dough, mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 2-1/2 hours.
- Don't serve until several days old. Wrap the cake in plastic wrap or foil and store in a sealed tin.