- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another large bowl, cream the shortening and powdered sugar.
- Add milk and fold in the cranberries. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Divide the dough in half. Form each half into a log 1½ inches in diameter and roll in coconut.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Cut the logs into 0.25-inch thick slices and place each slice 1 inch apart on un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until lightly colored. Transfer to wire rack to cool.