- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- In a large bowl, mix together the corn syrup, brown sugar, egg, lemon juice, and lemon zest, with an electric mixer.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and cardamom, and stir into the sugar mixture.
- Add mixed candied fruits and chopped nuts; mix well.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet, about 4 inches apart.
- Spread dough into a 3 inch circle.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes, cookies should be browned and firm.