- Classic Macaroni
- This recipe proves you don’t have to give up your favorite dishes to eat heart healthy meals.
- Here’s a lower-fat version of a true classic.
- Cook macaroni according to directions—but do not add salt to the cooking water.
- Drain and set aside.
- Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spray saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add onions to saucepan and saute for about 3 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine macaroni, onions, and the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.