- Peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Boil cabbage and water in a large saucepan. Reduce the heat. Cover the pan and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the contents, saving the cooking liquid. Keep cabbage warm.
- Pour the cooking liquid with potatoes in a large saucepan. Add enough additional water to cover the potatoes and boil.
- Reduce heat and lid the pan. Cook for 15-17 minutes or until tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Boil milk and onions in a separate saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Mash potatoes in a big bowl. Add milky mixture and beat. Now add in the cabbage, salt and pepper. Drizzle with melted butter, bacon and parsley.