- Preheat oven to 350°F. Shred the sweet potato cubes, melt vegetable butter spread, grease a 3-quart glass casserole and keep aside.
- Beat sour cream together with eggs and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. While beating on medium speed, add melted spread.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl then, while beating on low speed, stir it into the egg mixture.
- Beat until combined, then, add hominy, sweet potato and chives while still beating at a low speed.
- Shift the batter into greased casserole and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center, comes out moist but clean.
- Serve warm!