- To prepare tomato shells-rinse firm tomatoes and peel if desired, chill in refrigerator, cut a slice from top of each tomato., using a spoon, remove pulp.Invert shells and set aside to drain. Chill and sprinkle lightly with salt before filling.
- Thoroughly blend together cottage cheese and salad dressing.
- Mix in lightly but thoroughly crumbled bacon, onion, capers and pepper, chill in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, lightly fill tomato shells with cottage cheese mixture.
- If desired, garnish with sprigs of parsley.