- Chop the cranberries coarsely; take 12 muffin cups and spray them with the oil. Preheat the oven at a temperature of 400°F. Take a medium bowl; put together the egg, sugar, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract and 2 tsp of the lemon peel in it, beat them well.
- Now take a large bowl, beat together the cornmeal, baking powder, flour, salt and baking soda. Then combine together both the mixture and the cranberries, gently fold them.
- Put together the remaining sugar and lemon peel in the bowl. Divide the cranberries mixture equally between the muffin cups. Scatter the sugar and lemon peel mixture over the top of the muffins.
- Put them in the oven and bake them for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool in the wire rack.
- Transfer to the serving plates and serve 'Cranberry Muffins' at once.