- Grease a 9-inch square shaped baking pan with a non-sticking cooking spray then preheat oven to 350°F.
- For crust, take a mixing bowl, put flour, oats, salt, half cup of sugar and stir well to mix. Stir in butter with a teaspoon of vanilla extract and rub with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Leave a cup of crust mixture in the bowl and set remaining mixture in prepared pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crust turns golden-brown from edges.
- By then, mix remaining sugar, sour cream, egg yolk, vanilla extract and lemon peel in a large bowl. While stirring, add cranberries into the mixture.
- Spread the batter evenly over partially baked crust. Mix pecans into reserved crust mixture and spread it on top of the cranberry batter, pressing down lightly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the surface is golden-brown. Bring out and let cool for 30 minutes then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve after cutting in bars!