- Preheat the mixture at a temperature of 350?F. Whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, oil and sugar in a large bowl until well blended. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Gradually mix both the mixtures until well blended. Take paper-lined muffin cups; fill them up to 2/3 with the mixture. Place them in the oven and bake for 22 minutes, cool them for 10 minutes and then place them on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Put together the milk and cornstarch in a small saucepan until smooth. Heat, bring them to boil and then remove from the heat. Cool the mixture at room temperature.
- Beat together the butter, powdered sugar, and shortening until fluffy. Slowly add the milk and cornstarch mixture until smooth. Cut a 1-inch circle 1-inch deep in the top of each cake. Remove the tops and set aside.
- Spoon the mixture into cupcakes. Replace the tops. Place the clove at the top of the 'Cream Filled Pumpkin Cupcake' like a pumpkin stem and serve.