- Place cauliflower florets and garlic in a steamer basket over boiling water, cover and steam until very tender,
- 12 to 15 minutes.
- (Alternatively, place florets and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup water, cover and microwave on High for 3 to 5 minutes.)
- Place the cooked cauliflower and garlic in a food processor. Add milk, butter, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil and garnish with chives, if desired.
- Serve hot.