- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add ground lamb and cook over medium heat until lightly browned breaking into small pieces with fork or spoon. Pour off oil as it collects in skillet.
- Add celery and onion. Cook slowly, moving and turning mixture occasionally, until celery is tender. Add chicken broth into lamb mixture and let it simmer.
- Put water into a 1-pt. screw-top jar.
- Combine flour, salt, curry powder, ginger, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Put it in a screw top jar with water, cover jar tightly, shake until well blended.
- Bring lamb mixture to boiling point, pour the flour mixture slowly into the skillet; keep mixture moving with a fork or spoon. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Wash, quarter, core and slice apple. Add to lamb mixture, mix thoroughly and turn into a warm serving bowl.
- Sprinkle moist flaked coconut on top. Serve immediately with warm boiled rice.