- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, 1/2 cup milk, vanilla extract and prepared strong coffee.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the wet ingredients, then stir only until just combined.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.
- For frosting :take a large bowl, with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, 3/4cup of milk and powdered sugar, adding sugar one cup at a time.
- When mixed thoroughly, fold in chocolate chips.
- When cupcakes are baked and cooled, frost as desired.