- Finely chop the onion; de-seed then chop sweet green and red peppers; chop tomatoes. Rinse and drain the kidney beans; set them aside.
- In a plenty of salted boiling water, cook the rice for about 12 minutes or until just tender. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- At the same time, take a frying pan, heat oil in it then fry the sweet peppers and onions gently for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Put the chili and tomatoes, cook for further 2 minutes.
- Then add vegetable mixture and beans to the rice. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Stir basil and thyme into the rice mixture. Season and garnish with basil leaves. Serve at once.