- In a large bowl, combine the peeled and cored apples, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/8 cup flour, lemon juice, 1/8 tsp salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and let the mixture stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sift 1 cup flour, sugars, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Use a fork or pastry cutter to cut in the butter till it resembles peas or coarse sand and then pour in 1/4 cup boiling water.
- Spread the apples in a 10 inch round baking dish and dot with butter.
- Coat with the cobbler batter and bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the apples are bubbly.