- Cut the carrot into julienne strips; slice the scallions thinly diagonally; finely grate the lemon peel; sliver the almonds; cut the chicken breast into 4 strips lengthways and then slice them very thinly. Heat the wok and then heat the oil in it.
- When the oil is really hot, cook the chicken in it for about 4 minutes or until cooked through. Now put the carrots in the wok and cook for 3 minutes further, stirring. Then stir in the scallions.
- Then boil the mixture with the stock and then add the ground almonds, lemon juice and peel, soy sauce, and seasoning. Boil the mixture again and simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered, stirring.
- Now add the toasted almonds, leaving behind a few for garnish, cook for 2 minutes more, seasoning. Transfer to the serving bowls and garnish with the remaining toasted almond.
- Serve 'Easy Chicken Soup with Almonds Recipe' hot.