- Rinse green beans and snap off tips.
- Place green beans in a large pot and add ½ cup of cold water.
- Cook green beans on stovetop over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, saute chopped onions and garlic, using the cooking spray, for 5 minutes or until they are tender and very lightly browned.
- Add onions, garlic, and black pepper to green beans.
- Spray the cooking spray over mixture, and cook on medium heat for another 20 minutes or until green beans are tender, but not soft.
- Stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle dried basil and oregano over green beans.
- Mix and serve.