- Trim Asparagus spears, celery stalks, leeks and fennel; holding back the fronds.
- Finely chop celery stalks and leeks. Also cut fennel into thin slices.
- Pour water in a small saucepan and bring to boil. In boiling water, cook asparagus for a minute then discharge all excessive water and set aside. Now ladle the stock into the pan and heat until boil. Then lower down the heat and then lower down the heat to a gentle simmer.
- In a large saucepan, melts the spread along with oil but do not let water of spread dry out.
- Sauté fennel, leeks and celery for 3 to 4 minutes to soften them then add rice and sauté for another 2 minutes till it is jumbled. Place the rice to the pan and cook for 2 minutes more until well mixed.
- Pour a ladleful amount of broth to the pan and cook while stirring continuously until rice soak all liquid.
- Pour more stock time to time for 25 minutes till rice get creamy and thick.
- Grate an orange's rind into the rice along with its juice and mix thoroughly.
- From the other two oranges, discard their skin and seeds, divide into segments then add them to rice.
- Lastly, add asparagus and season to taste. Stir well, garnish with reserved fennel fronds and serve.