- Mix yeast with a tsp of sugar and luke warm water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Sieve flour, salt and remaining sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Add two of the eggs, yeast liquid and butter. Mix thoroughly to form a smooth dough.
- Dust a plain surface with flour and knead the dough on it for 5 minutes to so that it smooths.
- Grease a bowl, put the dough in it, cover it and leave in a warm atmosphere to rise double in size.
- Then knead again for 3-5 minutes and divide into 12 portions.
- Grease a 3-inch fluted patty tin, shape three-fourth of each portion of dough into a circle and place it in the tin.
- Press from the center to make a hole, shape remaining one-fourth portion of each of them into a ball and put it on top.
- Cover and allow to rise in a warm atmosphere as much as dough reaches top of the tins.
- Beat remaining egg and brush it over the surface of all brioche dough.
- Bake at 230 C/ 450*F for 10 minutes. Bring out to cool on a wire shelf when golden-brown.