- Throw the ginger and lemongrass into a food processor and process until it becomes a consistency of a thick puree, stop the machine and scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- In a saucepan over high heat,, add 1 1/4 quarts of water, lemongrass/ginger and the sugar.
- Boil and immediately turn heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Strain with a couple layers of cheesecloth.
- Chill in fridge as long as one can wait.
- To serve, fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add a ¼ cup of syrup in the glass, top with soda water.
- Serve with lemon wedge.