- Combine flour, walnuts, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, and salt.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt shortening and honey, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour into large bowl.
- Stir in brown sugar, eggs and milk until well blended. Slowly add dry ingredients.
- Fold in raisins, currants and dates. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Grease cookie sheets. Drop by spoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly colored.