- Wash, peel and dice the sweet potatoes, crush garlic cloves, set them aside.
- In a large saucepan, boil salted water and cook sweet potatoes in it for about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain then return into pan.
- Melt butter in a heavy-based saucepan, saute garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes or until light golden brown, stir constantly to prevent garlic from burning.
- Pour it over sweet potatoes, season with salt and black pepper to taste. Mash thoroughly until smooth and creamy.
- Serve as a side dish with any of your favorite entree.