- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place a large bowl of ice water next to the stove.
- Add half the trimmed green beans to the boiling water and cook until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the beans with a slotted spoon to the ice water to cool. Repeat with the remaining beans.
- Place a kitchen towel on a baking sheet and use a slotted spoon to transfer the beans from the ice water; blot dry with another towel.
- Just before serving, heat oil in a large Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans and stir. Add chopped parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with meat steaks with adjusting flavor according to taste.