- Crush the rusk into crumbs. Combine rusk crumbs with water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix beef, pork, egg, lemon juice, onion, salt and thyme in a mixing bowl to combine.
- Add rusk mixture, mix then shape into balls of about 3/4 inch in diameter.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add meat balls and fry until brown on all sides, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken broth to boiling point.
- Take meat balls out of skillet and put on absorbent paper to drain.
- Add to meat broth, cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve meat balls dipped in bowls of soup.