- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Fill another large pot half full with ice water.
- Blanch about half the beans in the boiling water just until tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into the ice water.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining beans.
- Return the water to a boil.
- Add corn and blanch until tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Drain and immediately plunge into the ice water. Cut the kernels off the cobs.
- Add the corn to the beans in the bowl.
- Add red bell pepper, onion, black chopped olives, chopped basil, oil, vinegar, lemon juice and minced garlic; toss to mix well.
- Season with sauce, salt and pepper.
- Serve with meat loaf or with Italian bread.