- Remove stems, and slice all the spring onions along with the bulbs and peel, remove ends and finely chop onion.
- Heat half a tsp of butter in a pan, add 2 tbsp of chopped spring onions, when spring onions start to brown around the edges, add black pepper and salt (to taste).
- Remove from heat and reserve for garnish.
- Heat olive oil a saucepan, add chopped onion, garlic and salt, fry till onion turns translucent and starts to brown.
- Stir in chicken stock and simmer for 10 minutes, add remaining spring onion and simmer for 5 more minutes.then, add shredded lettuce and simmer for a minute.
- Garnish with home made croutons and fried spring onion.(optional)