- Crush garlic clove, finely chop onion, beat egg, halve, core then de-seed the peppers to cut into small cubes, de-seed and finely chop the chilies.
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tbsp of oil then fry the onion, sweet peppers, chilies and garlic for about 6 minutes to soften but not brown.
- Then stir in the rice, coriander and vegetable soup. Heat until begins to boil, cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Then put peas and again heat until begins to boil, cover and simmer for further 5 minutes or until rice are tender.
- Remove pan from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning, heap into a serving dish and keep them warm.
- In a small frying pan, heat remaining oil then pour in the egg and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until set.
- Slide the omelette on to a plate, roll up loosely and slice into thin rounds.
- Put omelette strips on top of the rice, serve hot with the tortilla chips and lime wedges.