- Firstly chop the onions, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes and bacon meat, crush garlic. Place aside.
- In a small saucepan, add lentils together with water to soak for 1-2 hours then add garlic, onion, carrots, tomatoes, bacon, bay leaves and season according to your taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour, until lentils are soften, stirring occasionally; taking care that the lentils do not stick to the bottom of pan.
- Now add potatoes, cook and simmer; 20 minutes until potatoes and bacon are heated through.
- Throw out the bay leaves, remove bacon and chop the meat, reserve it, you can also press the soup through strainer or blend in food processor or blender until smooth(if desired).
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Add vinegar and allspice and bacon meat. Let simmer; 5-10 minutes gently. Sprinkle with parsley and scallions. Serve hot.