Herb Roulade With Spinach And Ricotta Recipe
Herb Roulade With Spinach And Ricotta Recipe is the best option to serve your guests at any time.
- Thaw the spinach; finely chop the leek; separate the eggs; set them aside. Preheat the oven at a temperature of 400*F.
- Take the 9x13 inch Swiss roll tin grease and then line with nonstick baking paper. In a saucepan , melt the butter, stir in the flour and mustard and then cook over a low heat for 1 minute, then put milk gradually, stirring until evenly blended. Bring slowly to boil, constantly stirring until the sauce is thickens. Cook for 2 minutes at low heat.
- Put pan away from heat and let cool, then beat in the egg yolks, cheese, basil, chives, and thyme and adjust seasoning according to your taste. Beat the egg whites until stiff and then fold into the sauce until evenly incorporated.
- Ladle the mixture into the prepared tin and place in an oven for about 15 minutes until risen and firm to touch. Remove from the oven and then let it cool, then reduce the temperature to 375*F.
- At the same time, make the filling. Whisk half of the oil and cheese together until smooth and then add seasoning(nutmeg, salt and pepper).
- In a frying pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the leek for about 5 minutes. Drain the spinach well, squeeze out all the excess liquid and chop finely. Add to the leeks and then cook for about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the roulade, turn out of the tin and carefully peel away the paper. Disperse over the cheese and then the spinach mixture. Roll up from a short end and place on the Swiss roll tin. Brush with oil and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Serve with tomato sauce.