- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In small bowl, stir together buttermilk and oil.
- Pour over flour mixture and stir until well mixed.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10–12 strokes.
- Roll or pat dough to ¾-inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2-inch round biscuit or cookie cutter, dipping cookie cutter in flour between cuts.
- Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.