- Choose your favorite flavor of ice cream. I prefer the Mint Chocolate Chips Ice Cream For this recipe.
- Cream butter and sugar with a whisk in a small bowl. Add egg, vanilla and milk and mix. Sift in the cocoa, baking powder and salt in flour; slowly add the dry contents in creamy mixture and fold until blended slightly.
- Separate dough in two equal portions, flatten and use plastic wrap to wrap up the dough and refrigerate 60 minutes or more. The dough should be firm and stiff.
- Roll out dough on a surface dusted with flour, up to 1/8 to ¼ inch thickness. Cut out small cookies with a 3 inch floured shamrock cookie cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet line with parchment paper at a distance of 2 inches. Slightly prick with a fork.
- Bake cookies at 350°F for 7-10 minute. Cool for a few minutes before removing from pans on to wire racks to cool further.
- Now spread out 1/4 to 1/3 cup ice cream over the bottom of six cookies and cover with remaining cookies.
- Wrap this dainty combo individually in plastic wrap and freeze. Recipe serves 6.
- Note: The shamrock cookies can be frozen for up to 2 months.