- Mix water and milk. Heat until just warm. Mix yeast and sugar in half of this mixture, keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Sieve flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add yeast liquid along with remaining milk and water. Form a soft dough.
- Dust kitchen counter with flour and knead the dough on it until smooth and elastic.
- Lightly grease a bowl, put the dough in it, cover and leave for an hour to rise double in size.
- Knead again on floury surface then divide into 8 pieces and roll them into ball shape.
- Roll each ball into 1-inch thick, flat circles, grease a baking tray and put them on it.
- Keep in a warm atmosphere for 45-50 minutes to let them rise then bake for 10 minutes.
- When golden in color, turn the surfaces with a spatula and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Bring out on a wire shelf, cover with a tea-towel and allow to cool.