- You will need liquorice sweets, ribbons. Get them and place aside.
- Prepare the cake mixture as given directions in Victoria Sandwich Cake, and take a greased 1 pint and 2 pint pudding basin and fill with three quarters of mixture. Bake now for an hour and 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack now.
- Take a small piece of cake and trim it to shape a ball for the head. Cut off a slice from one side of the cake to resemble it with a flatten chest. Place the remaining large cake on a cake board or a platter and attach the small piece on top with using little amount of Butter Icing. Arrange sponge finger at the side to resemble with a tail.
- Cut other sponge fingers into half slice. Place the sponge fingers as legs at the side of chest; use slices to arrange as paws. Cut tips of ice cream cones and position them for ears.
- Cover the whole cute kitten with butter icing. Use sweets for eyes and nose; press gently into position. Beautify with liquorice ribbon around the neck and to make whiskers use few spaghetti.