- Slather the lamb chops with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and rosemary. Leave to marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes to overnight in refrigerator.
- In the meantime, prepare spicy pears. Quarter and de-seed the jalapeno.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add butter, when it bubbles, add jalapeno pepper and curry powder. Saute for a minute, until pepper is fragrant. Take care not to burn the mix, you may have to turn the heat down.
- Whisk in the lime juice, honey and soy. Add pears and stir to coat them. Cover, turn the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes until pears are softened then discard jalapeno.
- Season the lamb chops with salt.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the lamb chops in a single layer, not touching. Fry for 2-3 minutes each side, depending on thickness of lamb chops.
- Serve with spicy pears.