- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together lemon zest and juice, thyme, sage, pepper, and salt. Reserve.
- Take out giblets and neck from turkey, save for another use or discard.
- Wash and dry turkey.
- Cut off any extra fat from surface of turkey.
- Beginning at the neck, insert fingers between skin and meat and gently separate.
- Tuck wing tips under turkey.
- Massage the lemon mixture under the skin of the turkey and on the surface.
- Add 1 can of broth to the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Arrange turkey, breast side up on a cooking spray coated rack. Move rack to roasting pan and place a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, being sure not to touch bone. Cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add another can of broth into the pan and cook another 1 1/2 hours, the meat thermometer should read 180 degrees F. Take turkey out of oven, cover with foil, and let rest.