- In a bowl, combine the lemongrass, grated ginger, minced garlic, finely minced green onion, oil, salt and pepper together.
- Devein the shrimp using a pair of small sharp shears, starting from the head end of the shrimp, snip along the top (the shrimp’s back) just deep enough to pull out the black vein.
- Pat the shrimp very dry.
- Marinate them in lemongrass-ginger mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the bamboo skewers in water for 15 to 20 minutes before skewering the shrimp.
- Now skew the marinated shrimps into the bamboo sticks
- When ready to cook, preheat your barbecue grill or broiler.
- If grilling, brush the grill grates with cooking oil so the shrimp won’t stick.
- Grill the shrimp 2 to 3 minutes on each side until they are cooked through, broiling, brush cooking oil on your broiler pan. Broil shrimp 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Serve with lime wedges.