- Crumb the Melba toast and combine with milk then set aside.
- Cut away tubes and outer membrane from liver then cut into slices of 1/2 inch thickness.
- Put in a skillet with hot water. Cover the skillet and let simmer for about 5 minutes on moderate flame.
- Drain, cool the liver slightly and put in a food chopper with onion.
- Using a fork, blend liver with mixture of flour, chopped parsley, salt, marjoram and pepper, set aside.
- Mix cracker mixture with egg. Make a well in meat mixture, add egg mixture all at once, mix with a fork until evenly combined.
- Bring the chicken broth to boiling point. Drop dumplings by moist, rounded teaspoonfuls into broth in one layer only.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until dumplings rise to surface of broth. Remove dumplings with slotted spoon.
- Place on a baking sheet and set in a 250 F oven for 2-3 minutes while cooking remaining dumplings.
- Serve in chicken broth or any desired soup.