- Preheat oven to a temperature of 375°F.
- Sift flour and salt in a large bowl, add butter and mix with a fork until mixture gets crumby in texture. Mix in water to moisten the mixture.
- Flour the kitchen counter lightly then roll out dough into a 12-inch circle over it. Fold it into quarters then place in a 9-inch pie pan, unfold while pressing firmly towards bottom and sides of pan.
- Trim the crust up to 1/2 inch from edges of pan then curl edges and set aside.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin and eggs in large bowl. Add half of maple syrup, a cup of whipping cream and pie spice, mix well then pour the batter into crust lined pan.
- Cover edge of crust with a 2-inch strip of aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes then remove aluminum foil. Bake for another 15-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Arrange pecan halves around edges of pie; brush them with a tablespoon of maple syrup.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream at high speed until soft peaks form. Stir in remaining maple syrup and keep beating until stiff peaks form.
- Put spoonfuls of whipped cream onto the pie, garnish with additional pecan halves, if desired. Pie is ready to serve.