- Chop garlic clove, cut red pepper into small cubes and set aside.
- Take a small bowl, add oil with lemon juice, garlic and chopped basil leaves with salt and pepper. Mix all together well.
- Cut zucchinis and eggplant into lengthways slices of 1/4in thick. Cut them crossways about 2/3 down their length and you will discard the shorter length. Fold half of chicken pieces with zucchini slices, and remaining pieces with eggplant slices.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers alternately with onion and pepper pieces. Shift the skewers to the platter, sprinkle with flavored oil. Let marinade for half an hour. Preheat the grill or you can prepare a barbecue.
- Broil or barbecue for 10 minutes until all vegetables are really tender, turn the skewers as necessary with the intervals. Serve Mediterranean Chicken Skewers at once.