- Slice the mushrooms and potatoes, crush garlic; set them aside. Preheat oven at 375?F. Take a shallow, round ovenproof dish and grease with butter.
- In a saucepan of boiling water, parboil the potatoes for about 10 minutes. Drain well. Layer a quarter of the potatoes in base of greased dish.
- Arrange 1/4 of the mushrooms over potatoes then sprinkle with 1/4 of rosemary, garlic and chives. Continue making layers in same order, finishing with potatoes on top.
- Ladle cream over the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Bake in oven for about 45 minutes or until the surface is golden brown and piping hot.
- If desired, garnish with snipped chives and serve immediately.